Jakarta Shop till’ You Drop
Get ready to shop til you drop. Our guide will take you to one of the biggest shopping mall complexes in Jakarta. Known as Pasar…read more
Weekend getaway snorkeling chill out
Pulau Macan in the Thousand Island chain is a gem. The scene is totally mellow geared towards conscious fun. Snorkeling trips on living reefs, paddle…read more
Sentul International Circuit
The ultimate circuit track of Indonesia. Many various events of motorsport you can find here. From road racing, touring, rallying ’till drag bike and drag…read more
Onyx Residence gives you easy acces to anywhere in Jakarta, with a lot of activities and fun with affordable prices
ARTS & CULTURE
- Old Town Batavia known as Kota – Sunda Kelapa is a small area in Jakarta known as Old Jakarta, and Old Batavia.
- The National Museum of Indonesia (Gedung Gajah) (www.museumnasional.or.id) is an archeological, historical, ethnological, and geographical museum located in Jakarta. Its broad and fascinating collections cover all of Indonesia’s territory and almost all of its history. The museum has endeavored to preserve Indonesia’s heritage for two centuries
Kota is Indonesian word for “city”, it was the reminiscent of the vicinity during colonial times in 16th century that the city was only within Batavia walled compound (today Kota), while the surrounding areas was only kampung (villages), orchards, and rice fields. It was once a center of commerce for the whole continent due to its strategic location and abundant resources. The Jakarta History Museum (Museum Fatahilah) is in the area that you should visit.
RECREATION, LOCAL ATTRACTIONS & Shopping
- Monument Monas. The National Monument is a 433 ft (132 meter) tower in the center of Jakarta, symbolizing the fight for Indonesia’s independence. It is topped by a flame covered with gold foil.
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah – TMII (www.tamanmini.com) or “Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park” (literally translated) is a culture-based recreational area.. It has an area of about 250 acres (1.0 km2). The park is a synopsis of Indonesian culture, with virtually all aspects of daily life in Indonesia’s 26 (in 1975) provinces encapsulated in separate pavilions with the collections of Indonesian architecture, clothing, dances and traditions are all depicted impeccably. Apart from that, there is a lake with a miniature of the archipelago in the middle of it, cable cars, museums, Keong Emas Imax cinema, a theater called the Theatre of My Homeland (Theater Tanah Airku) and other recreational facilities.
- Ancol and Dunia Fantasi (http://www.ancol.com) – Amusement Park is the largest integrated tourism area in South East Asia, boasting an international championship golf course, a theme park, hotels and other recreational facilities. There are 27 rides at Fantasy World, 8 pools at Atlantis Water Adventure, Sea World and 8 shows at Ocean Dream Samudra.
- Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia – Mall
- Senayan City – Mall
- Sarinah, Thamrin – Art and Cultural Shopping
- Tanah Abang – Garment Trading Center
- Pasar Pagi Mangga Dua – Low Price Shopping